Debunking lies

 



Recap on this Thursday's episode on, KDP's podcast, we talked about the enemies' lies and how he can get us to believe in his lies and we forget to remember that the GOD WE SERVE IS ALIVE  AND POWERFUL. So to begin this blog of 
Debunking the lies of the enemy. I really took the time to read about king Ahaziah and how he was in such a desperate moment. He was laying in bed sick, after falling from what I suppose is to be the second floor. I am positive that we can all relate to a moment of desperation. It's like one thing happens, another thing happens and it feels like we are drowning. There is really nothing good that comes from feeling that way. You were just fine the day before, but today or the next day, you are now facing a whole different 360 day, situation or season and it's like now it's like you're stuck there. You might as well, find a better solution because God isn't going to help you, and that is the number one upmost lie that the enemy uses on us to get us to literally leave God. Isn't it crazy that the word tells us to flee from sin but the moment we're cornered with sinning or running to God, with just that one lingering thought of what if, we take up on sinning , than to wait and see what God will do with the situation in his hands. It's not that we don't think something good of it will come, but in that moment it's as if we tell God, "you know what God, I actually take it back, you know what I gave you to fix or whatever , my heart I guess, I actually don't want you to have it" , the silence and ringing begin to fill your ears. Wow. We never really think of how we are actually treating God in that moment until after it is revealed to us. I believe we've all been there, and if you were the one to trust God even more during those times, praise God , you did well. 
Remembering a time that the enemy came to me and told me  I wasn't enough. I wasn't a good Christian because I would do the opposite of what God would tell me to do.  I know I am not good, like at all, I have done good things yeah sure, but who I am is not good. It's something that we all become aware of when we invite Christ into our lives. Somehow along the way we kind of forget and so when the enemy comes and tells us, its like the sharpest dart. It isn't because you thought you were perfect but Jesus wiped you clean, God threw away all your past into the deepest part of the ocean. The Holy Spirit began to live in you. They never reminded you of your past or made you feel bad when you made a mistake but instead corrected you. The enemy will never correct you, he will just tell you to do it again or to continue to commit the sin. We must, as christians on earth learn to resist sin and the enemy will flee and never look back like, lots wife did. If you don't know, God sent his people to tell lot and his family to flee the city in which they were in because he was going to burn it all down, he told them to not look back at all until they reach the mountain. First thing this woman did. Unfortunately she turned to dust. It wasn't to scare them, but God shows us and tell us to do certain things because he wants us to remember and to know that he is God and he is good, and he is our only God. I want to encourage you brothers and sisters, to seek out the Lord everyday. At all times, whether you feel like it's silly, he wants to be there. I remember coming back from church I left with my dad and as he parked in our lot, I started to tell my dad about some things that I was going through, and as I was speaking I cried. He had told me these words, It doesn't matter what it is Kim, I as your dad want to be there for you, in whatever. My dad has been a really good representation in my life on how much God loves me. I'd go to God and I'd tell him literally anything, and it really depended on how patient I was because I'd see his response in a day or a few days and even a year or two. I've learned to come to God whenever, wherever and he would always show up. I don't know how God did it but he did. God has a lot of children he has adopted and continues to adopt daily and he never runs out of time for us, he never runs out of anything for us. Something so amazing in that way, yes the enemy has twisted it and made it so we run away from him. You have to remember that satan doesn't forgive, doesn't give life, doesn't encourage and most definitely does not correct. He blinds and bonds and lies and kills. We must remember to take moments of our lives to reevaluate some of the friendships we have, some of the things we are taking out of our day to do. Run to God with every single thing. 

I want to try something new and let me know what you think, I will quickly add all the verses I paraphrased in my own words, you can comment down below if you prefer it that way, or if I just include it in my text, God bless you !

2 Kings 1:1- 17 

Elijah Denounces Ahaziah
1  ch. 3:5 After the death of Ahab, Moab [2 Sam. 8:2]rebelled against Israel.
2Now Ahaziah fell through the lattice in his upper chamber in Samaria, and lay sick; so he sent messengers, telling them, “Go, inquire of [Matt. 10:25; 12:24, 27; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15, 18, 19] Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron, [ch. 8:8]whether I shall recover from this sickness.”  15Then the angel of the Lord said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king 16and said to him, “Thus says the Lord, ‘Because you have sent messengers to inquire of 
[See ver. 2 above]Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron—is it because there is no God in Israel to inquire of his word?—therefore you shall not come down from the bed to which you have gone up, but you shall surely die.’”


James 4:7 

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts