Drowning Christians


Drowning- to die from inhaling water into lungs. 

Near drowning - to almost drown but survive

A drowning Christian is a person who has been drowning in the enemy's ocean, of sin, lies, shame, hate, anger, depression, unforgiveness, darkness.

Today we are in the second month of 2020.  We live in a generation that is constantly, changing up what is good to have, what is fun, what is acceptable, what's the definition of marriage, of a healthy relationship, what are friends for, who even is God, does a god even exist?

There are so many questions, and so many different perspectives. Something we Christians come across on a daily.

On my podcast (kdppodcast, Listen if you'd like!, or haven't.) I shared a testimony, I dropped out of high school when I was 16, I gave it all up because I drowned in depression. Alongside me was a mother who was also drowning. Two people that are drowning can't help each other. That's the reality for Christians in this generation today, because there are constantly new definitions to pretty much everything, and so many different perspectives, when someone begins to drown, they can also make a lot of other people drown in the process.

Drowning Friendships

There are friendships that are toxic, they constantly drown each other. 
I had friends in middle school who were bad, they were into all kinds of things, I never was into any of those things. I also knew not to do things that would disappoint my mother. I felt so lost and alone, it's almost like going to the beach alone, you go into the ocean to swim a little and there's people there but when you pay attention to the waves and you make sure you dodge every single one by going under for a few seconds to let is pass, and once it's safe to go back up, you look around, and there aren't many people around anymore. You've learned who your friends are. Your friends didn't really trust in God and their faith wavered and they drowned so you are now feeling like you're alone. 
It's always good to ask God to reveal to you who your real friends are. It'll hurt when you find out that maybe one of your close friend wasn't as close to you as you thought, but God revealed it to you so you wouldn't go into the deep water that they were in. God saved you. 
We always will be allowed to take our time to understand, God is a patient God. He's truly like the doctor that has a patient who is going crazy worried because they don't know what's wrong with them, and so the doctor calmly listens and asks them what their symptoms are and he calms them down and says "don't worry, we'll do all the tests necessary to find out what's wrong"
The thing here is God knows exactly what's wrong with us and exactly what we need. Doctors have their own prediction of what it might be but still they have to go through tests to be sure of what they will diagnose you with. God already knowing what you need and how to fix it, he allows us to go through this process I like to think of it as a "multitude of tests just for understanding"
Like when you get a test result and it's negative, the only explanation there is for as to why you don't have it, is because you're healthy and nothings wrong.
Where as to when you get a test result and it comes back positive it tells you exactly why you have it, because your blood sugar level is low, or you just had a heart attack but something happened with how your body reacted to it, so that is how you got the heart condition. 
That is exactly how God is with us, we are going through something so painful and God is like I want to take you through a series of tests just so you can understand me a little more, so you can get to know me. As you get to know God through it all, you also learn things about yourself, like this,
The reason I drowned in depression was because I had so much unforgiveness towards my dad. I did the whole back and forth thing with my mom and dad because I really didn't want him to be in my life, well at least I didn't want him ti be anymore.
So it could be that you drowned because you trusted your friend to be a real friend and they took you into the deepest waters of , drugs, guys, girls to satisfy your emptiness, into the deepest waters of darkness. God will guide you out, you have to fix your eyes on the Lord.
That's who God is, he will help you throughout every single moment in your life. 
Even in your friendships.

Isaiah 41:10 

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Drowning Relationships-   Over many years, the definition of two people getting to know each other has become so different, it's not just about getting to know the persons character, goals and dreams, as well as where they are mentally, now it's more about taking, no commitment, no "danger", no responsibility,that leaves them with the chance to break someone and manipulate them. There are so many stories of abusive relationships,and it's all laughed at, and when a women can't leave the abusive relationship she is judged and when the abuser is the woman, the man is laughed at. No compassion towards those who've suffered from that. If you or anyone you know that may be in an abusive relationship, please get help, there are so many organizations and hotlines, one I have looked into is National domestic violence hotline, you can chat with someone online. Now these relationships are difficult, when it's not physical abuse, it could also be verbal or emotional abuse. A person you love and you trust with your heart can also lead you into those deep dark waters. God can save you. It's very difficult to let go of the hand of the one that has taken you into those deep waters, because there is no one on the other end who is reaching out for your hand, but God is, God is always reaching his hand out to you no matter what.

If I left God three times or actually maybe more than that, and he welcomed me back every single time, he will definitely welcome you back every time as well. There is none of those evil lies that tell you others are more blessed than you are, because that is not true, we all have battles to fight and we will receive victory, and may God receive all the glory for it. 


Romans 5:8     But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.have yet to receive victory and may God receive all the glory.



Sometimes I find myself remembering all the friends I have lost in the ocean of high waves, questions, new definitions, sin, and I used to be in there too, and it saddens my heart and when that happens I know God is reminding me to keep them in my prayers. People aren't bad but they choose to do bad things. God has his hand out stretched out to them and they choose to take the hand that looks like theirs' because it makes much more sense to, and the ideas they have for them to help them are much more realistic and logical. 

The places that God will take you to, don't need to make sense, because it's not about having it all together or knowing all the steps and having a set plan, but it's about fully trusting in God and what he has in store for you. 

Christian to Christian, woman to woman, person to person, 
God is real, take his hand, give him a chance and if you have already and didn't like the outcome, this time take his hand and truly trust in him, and so give him another chance.

2 Peter 3:9 

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.


May you pray this prayer:

God, I am drowning, I look around and I do not see your hand, all I hear is confusion and all I see are confused, scared faces, I need you God, though I have been trying to swim on my own I want to learn how to swim with the strength you give to me, and I too one day want to be a helping hand in your kingdom, I pray that I become firm in my faith in you, and that I let nothing and no one make me waver.May you forgive me and have mercy over my life.  Thank you God for your guidance, your word and for who you are, you are are everything I need. Thank you Jesus for what you did on the cross for me, you laid your life down for me. Amen.


Romans 5:7-8


For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.






Comments

Popular Posts