Raising your hand



A teachers job, is to teach.
It also means to correct, to guide, and to explain in what they're teaching. In a classroom there are many students but,
there are different types of students in a classroom.
I will name three types,
1. The eager students – READY TO LEARN, these students are always prepared they make sure they have a notebook and a pen, ready to write down some notes. They can’t wait to go to class, they look forward to learning new things.

2. The I just show up to get away from home students – PLEASE LET THERE BE SOMETHING GOOD THAT COMES FROM THIS- These students are almost like the I don’t care for school kind of students, except these students try their best to listen and do good in school because their past and present lives are their motivation, so therefore making them still hopefull, for example “ I definitely want to graduate because I don’t want to live with my parents anymore”, or there may be other reasons as to why they would want to leave home- ( If you currently feel this way, please reach out to someone, don’t be afraid to)

3. The I don’t care students –READY TO LEAVE/ FACE THE WORLD, these students feel as if they have it all figured out, “I don’t need this school stuff”, they think everyday, as they head to school, they just go to hangout with their friends and do ridiculous things on school campus because they’ve reached a point in their lives that nothing can get in the way of how they want to live their lives.

What would these students look like in a room full of students. Well let’s say you’re in between ready to learn except you’re on the verge of feeling like the student who is half hopeful and just ready to not have to go to the home you go to every night.
Picture this,
 you're in this class, you wake up early in the morning Monday through Friday and you always make sure you have all the supplies you need for school, you’re tired but happy to leave home for a while. You’re always on time to school and you aren’t to excited for the lesson because you struggle to understand and you feel like it always takes you longer to understand what is being taught. You look around to see if maybe someone looks as lost as you do so you won’t feel so alone, but there’s no one who looks like you, lost. You’re slowly losing hope for yourself.
Every time the teacher asks the class to answer a question up on the board, you never raise your hand up.
You might not know the answer, you're too shy to answer, and you’re scared to look dumb, for asking anything, but at the same time you don’t know what to ask because you’re not sure what exactly it is that you don’t understand.
The teacher always notices. He notices you never raise your hand up, and every day you look more tired, and frustrated.
This teacher begins to think of ways to help you and begins to approach you. At first you decline his help and assure your teacher that you don't need help.

Quick note: I'm sure you're very aware of how most teachers teach and what they're goals are as a teacher. For as long as I can remember, it was to always avoid eye contact with the teacher when it came to answering questions, so that the teacher wouldn't pick you. I was one of those students, "don't look at me" I would whisper to myself as I dug in my backpack or doodled in my notebook to make it look like I was actually trying to figure it out. I believe I am not alone in this. You must understand that a teachers' job is to see who needs help, it is their job to make sure you understand and that your questions are answered.

Anyway, the teacher will always choose the student with their hand down.

Just as God does so.
Just as a farmer begins to look for that one lost sheep, as it says so in Luke 15:4
4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?

The teacher will go and help this student who is confused or lost in this lesson he's teaching. Yes, majority of the class gets it and can move on from the lesson, but this student can't just yet. So, the teacher must go and help this student find its way to be able to understand this lesson and go on to the next one like everyone else.

I'll tell you a quick story,
I've struggled so bad when it came to math, it was always such a depressing thing' I did very poorly on every single test. One day my teacher came up to me and asked me to come after school, she wanted to help me. I remember being completely hesitant and I had no excuse not to come. I walked home, and I had enough time after school to go. Yet, still found an excuse. It took me a whole week to finally decide to go. When I went I was relieved to see a girl who I sit next to in class there and a relief as well because I realized I wasn't the only one who needed help, even the smartest guy I knew in that class was there to get help. So long story short, after a while of getting help from my teacher, there came a test and that same day after class my teacher asked me to come after school, and so I did. She called me over to her desk and pulled out some paper and handed it to me, turned out to be my test and said "congratulations kim you did it!"  I passed the test.
we both celebrated. It made me think of the next verse in Luke 15
5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’

My teacher didn't announce my good score to the class but still the celebration me and her had on our own was the best.

There are many ways in which we can interpret this visual of a room full of students and a teacher always helping those that struggle. As, God helping those that are in need. We read it in every book of bible, it may not always be in a physical form but we know that God's very first place to work in is our mind's first, so from the inside out.
Romans 12:2 NIV Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

See when we first come to God, we give all of ourselves to him, including our doubts, worries, hearts, lives and minds of course. To make it more clear to you, when a teacher goes up to the student that is struggling, he firsts asks the student what part didn't they understand?, what do they need help on, he does this first before actually showing the student how the problem is done because of course the teacher has to show the student in a way that he/she can learn it, and be able to visualize it in their minds so they will be able to do it on their own later. In God's way he has already seen what you tried to do and let’s be honest here he's not going to ask you to show him what you did before, like a few teachers I know who have, because who wants to relive a mistake they've made in their past. He begins to correct you like a teacher would, like a father would, and you become more aware and wise when it comes to certain areas in your life.

The teacher won't stop helping even after you understand the lesson.
To think of this it may sound a bit odd, because why would a teacher not stop helping even after you get it and they see that you have been doing better when it comes to your tests. Does a father ever stop asking their child how they are doing? if they need help?, a father will always want to continuously offer his children help. After all isn't that in a father's nature to do so. Just like a teacher, one that values the morals of what it means to truly be a teacher of course, you will see this in them. If God is continuously offering you his help, would you not take it? I know I would.

Let's put it this way, if someone were to offer you money or advice on how to make money, would you take the money or the advice? I know many would take the money. Why? because it's simply easier to take the answer, the solution to it all, than to take the advice and enter the long process of what every Christian goes through. Seasons.
In every season we go through in our walk we need the guidance of God, our Father. The season that we may find ourselves in is what is helping us take shape in what God is molding us to be.

Habakkuk 2:3 For still the vision awaits it's appointed time, it hastens to the end, it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not delay.

God already knows what he is going to mold us into, it truly is up to us to be more than willing to go through it.

Maybe you don’t know what kind of student you are. You’re in the driest season ever and you feel as if there is no way, but know this, if God still has you here then now is the time to give everything to him, absolutely everything, and don’t worry about anything. Raise your hand for that help that God is waiting for you to ask for, don’t wait any longer, he is he for you, he’s on your side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts